ArchiCamp 2015 Report & Photos
2015 ArchiCamp took place 2-5 October in Butterwick NSW (Hunter Valley). Over 70 architecture and design students from 6 states gathered with some 20 guests and tutors, including Rick Leplastrier, Lindsay Johnston, Kerry and Lindsay Clare, and Drew Heath, aiming to directly benefit through design work the flood-damaged town of Dungog NSW, as well as future sustainable village of Shepherds Ground.
ArchiCamp introduced 5 real design projects, which have been successfully addressed and outcomes well received by the community representatives. Students with architect mentors will now continue developing their designs through to DA submission.
The event media coverage:
- ABC 1233 Radio
- ABC News – PDF version
- Architecture Australia – PDF version
- Dungog Chronicle – PDF version only
- Maitland Mercury – PDF version
- Mudgee Guardian – PDF version
- Port Stephens Examiner – PDF version
- University of Queensland – PDF version
- UoN School of Architecture – PDF version
- UoN Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment – PDF version
ArchiCamp has no sponsors, receives no funding, and has no budget beyond the sum total of participants’ contributions towards communal meals. All guests and mentors are donating their time.